Good night sleep is as important as following a healthy lifestyle. In today’s digital world, many of us follow a digital lifestyle putting ourselves under pressure and end up with sleep deprivation. This lifestyle regimen is followed by individuals from all walks of life. On the sad note, even babies less than 6 months of age are so addicted to the electronic devices which ultimately can steal the beauty due to lack or improper sleeping patterns during their growing stage of life.
Before we go in-depth into the stretching workouts that one needs to get incorporated let’s begin to know the impact of sleep and what consequences or diseases it can invite on our life if not scheduled on time. Now, read through the article and know more about it in a detailed way.
Why sleep is important in our life?
Maintaining good physical health and mental well-being is very vital hence, sleep plays a major role in every human life. Good quality sleep with the right amount of time can protect us from various diseases and disorders. The way you learn, react with others, working environments, and thinking abilities depend on your healthy functioning on the brain. So, any change or scarcity of the sleeping time and sleeping hours can invite numerous health issues. Also, sleep is of utmost importance for children because their developing years is completely slanted on a good nap for their proper growth and development.
If you have less sleep than the required amount or frequently losing sleep or have bad sleeping habits then you may develop sleep apnea. If you are worried about the long-term sleep loss, then never take it lightly, visit your healthcare provider immediately. The sleep-wake rhythm pattern can be normalized with proper treatment. If medicines are prescribed then buy your prescription medicines from the best online pharmacy store in India with amazing discounts on every product you order.
What are the health concerns you face due to lack of sleep?
Lack of sleep or sleep disorders or chronic sleep loss can knock you at any age and stage of your life. The following are the conditions that can put you at serious health issues due to sleep deficiency:
- Mood swings
- Lack of motivation
- Feeling sad
- Feeling angry and impulsive
- Paying less attention in school or difficulty in concentrating
- Confused and having trouble while taking decisions
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure
- Puffy eyes
- Increases risk of death
- Weakens immune system
- Increases the risk of accidents
Do workout like stretches before bedtime works?
Yes! Stretches do wonders if you try to do before the bedtime. It relaxes your muscles by relieving muscle tension, keeps muscle flexible, and reduces body pain when you wake up in the morning. Though there are many remedies to get a good night’s sleep, the practice of stretching helps to improve blood flow and provides you with a good quality sleep. But you need to pay attention to do only light exercise as heavy workouts before bedtime can give reverse effect.
What stretches you can include before hitting the bed for a good night’s sleep?
Now, are you confused to know the type of stretches you need to include in daily night routine before you shut your eyes? Yes! Then fret not! Here, we have listed a few basic stretches which when, followed help to remove the build-up stress and tension from your body that occurred during the daytime. Check out and add these stretches in your routine:
- Child’s pose: It helps to release the tension from thighs, ankles, and hips. If you are a beginner, try out this pose for 30 seconds initially and slowly increase the time from 1 minute to 3 minutes based on your practice and flexibility. But if you have a back injury or back pain, then speak to your doctor before you plan to do the pose. If you experience lower back pain after stretching exercise, apply topical cream to ease the pain. Order OTC medicines like pain relievers from any trusted online medical store on discount with doorstep delivery.
- Bear hug pose: In this pose wrap your arms around yourself just like hugging yourself. Bear hug pose helps to correct the poor posture and releases your body tension. Try doing this pose for 30 seconds.
- Knee-to-chest stretch: Lie back on the floor with the knees stretched. Pull your knee to the chest and hold on for 30 seconds. Repeat the same procedure with another knee as well. Ensure doing the knee-to-stretch pose 2 or 3 times for each leg.
- Standing forward bend: This stretch helps to relax your shoulders and neck. It brings calmness in you, relieves headache, and supports you to get a good sleep. All you need to do is stand on the legs together and bend down and let your hands rest on the floor.
- Lunges: It is a kneeling position wherein you bend your knees to get a lunge position. While doing this stretch, keep your spine straight and chest open and repeat the same way for other legs as well.
- Side stretch: Sit and relax in a comfortable position while doing this exercise. Extend your left arm above your head and then do it with the right arm. Repeat this 5 times on each side.
- Legs up the wall: Lie on your back facing the wall. Lift both the legs together with moving buttocks close to the wall while keeping the sides. Hold on the position for 15 seconds. Repeat the stretch 3 times.
Practice these 7 poses every night one hour before bedtime to relax and withdraw stress completely from your body. Even if you have sleepless nights before, compensate it with stretches which is a natural sleep inducer and try to get a good night’s sleep without any hindrance.